Climate and Average Weather in Sikkim, India
In India you have several regions, one of which is called Sikkim. The most popular city in this region is Gangtok. So we will use the climate data of Gangtok to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Sikkim:
During the month of May, June, July, August and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 10°C (51°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November and December.
- July is the wettest month in Sikkim. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Sikkim is August with an average maximum temperature of 22°C (71°F).
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 10°C (51°F).
Interested in the average weather conditions in Sikkim in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Sikkim, India?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.