Climate and Average Weather in West Bengal, India
In India you have several regions, one of which is called West Bengal. The most popular city in this region is Kolkata. So we will use the climate data of Kolkata to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in West Bengal:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 26°C (80°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: June, July, August and September.
- July is the wettest month in West Bengal. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in West Bengal is April with an average maximum temperature of 36°C (97°F).
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 26°C (80°F).
- April is the sunniest month in West Bengal.
Interested in the average weather conditions in West Bengal in a specific month?
West Bengal has a tropical wet-dry climate in the southern part and a humid subtropical climate in the north. The state has a wide varition of precepation with an annual of 1625mm (64") per year, of which an average of 330mm (13") falls in August and less than 25mm (1") in December.
West Bengal has 3 distinct seasons. The hot and dry season (March to early June), with dry days and frequent thunderstorms. The hot and wet season (mid-June to September), when wet monsoon winds blow from the southwest. And last the cold (cool) season (October to February), when days are dry and clear.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of West Bengal, India?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.