Climate and Average Weather in Tamil Nadu, India
In India you have several regions, one of which is called Tamil Nadu. The most popular city in this region is Chennai. So we will use the climate data of Chennai to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Tamil Nadu:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 28°C (83°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of June, July, August, September and December have a high chance of precipitation.
- Tamil Nadu has dry periods in January, February, March and April.
- November is the wettest month in Tamil Nadu. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Tamil Nadu is May with an average maximum temperature of 35°C (96°F).
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 28°C (83°F).
- May is the sunniest month in Tamil Nadu.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Tamil Nadu in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Tamil Nadu, India?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.