Climate and Average Weather in Goa, India
In India you have several regions, one of which is called Goa. The most popular city in this region is Calangute. So we will use the climate data of Calangute to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Goa:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 28°C (82°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: June, July, August and September.
- Goa has dry periods in January, February, March, April and December.
- July is the wettest month in Goa. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Goa is May with an average maximum temperature of 32°C (89°F).
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 28°C (82°F).
- January is the sunniest month in Goa.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Goa in a specific month?
Goa is a tourist beach state in India. The climate in Goa is a tropical Savannah climate. This climate has a clear dry and wet period. The best travel time for Goa in India is from January to April and August to December, in which you have a pleasant to very hot temperature and no to moderate rainfall. The highest average temperature in Goa is 40°C (104°F) in May and the lowest is 26°C (79°F) in January.
Especially in summer there is a lot of rain and there is a very high humidity. Winter months are almost completely dry. The temperature on the coast of Goa is somewhat tempered by the cooling sea breeze.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Goa, India?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.