Average monthly snow and rainfall in Chennai (millimeter)
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Chennai has dry periods in February, March and April.
- On average, November is the wettest month.
- On average, February is the driest month.
- The average amount of annual precipitation is: 999.9 mm (39.37 in)
Show average precipitation in Chennai in Inches »
More climate information
Weather and Climate offers all the information you need to know about the climate in Chennai.
We collected past weather data from many thousand weather stations around the world. So find on this website the historical weather averages in other cities in India and climate and forecast data for all other countries in the world.