Climate and average monthly weather in Chiang Mai (Chiang Mai Province), Thailand
The Hot (Summer) Season in Chiang-Mai extends from March through May. Daytime temperatures can be unbearably hot during this period. The Rainy Season occurs from May through October and "the cool" (Winter) Season finds place from November through February.
What is the best time of year to go to Chiang Mai in Thailand? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- On average, the temperatures are always high.
- The months May, June, July and October have a high chance of precipitation.
- Chiang Mai has dry periods in January, February, March and December.
- On average, the warmest month is April.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- August is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Chiang Mai
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.