Climate and average monthly weather in Florence (Tuscany), Italy
Climate in Florence and Tuscany is generally mild but Florence's location in a valley makes temperatures vary a bit more from other areas in Tuscany. The best time to travel to Florence would be in September or June. The temperatures are mild and it's before or just after the peak season in July and August.
July in summer is the hottest month with an average temperature of 25 degrees Celsius (77°Fahrenheit) and the coldest is month January with 6 degrees Celsius (43°Fahrenheit). The wettest month is November.
What is the best time of year to go to Florence in Italy? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- During the month of May and October you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
- On average, the warmest month(s) are July and August.
- On average, the warmest month is July.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- November is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- July is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Florence
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.