Climate and Average Weather in Papua, Indonesia
In Indonesia you have several regions, one of which is called Papua. The most popular city in this region is Jayapura. So we will use the climate data of Jayapura to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Papua:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is July with an average maximum temperature of 30°C (87°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- March is the wettest month in Papua. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- August is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Papua is November with an average maximum temperature of 32°C (89°F).
- The coldest month is July with an average maximum daytime temperature of 30°C (87°F).
Interested in the average weather conditions in Papua in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Papua, Indonesia?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.