Climate and Average Weather in Koh Samui, Thailand
Koh Samui is a region in Thailand. The most popular city in this region is Chaweng Beach. So we will use the climate data of Chaweng Beach to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Koh Samui:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 29°C (84°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: May, October, November and December.
- November is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Koh Samui is May with an average maximum temperature of 33°C (91°F).
- March is the most sunny month.
The second largest island in Thailand is a beautiful destination all year round. From January to December the temperatures on Koh Samui are around 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit). The best months to are the months of January, February and March. It has two rainy seasons, one from May to August, just like in the rest of Thailand. The second usually starts in October, and is part of the monsoon season. These rains are very heavy and last a long time, and stay until December. In the first rainy season it rains much less in Koh Samui compared to the rest of Thailand.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Koh Samui, Thailand?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.