Climate and average monthly weather in Hamburg (Hansestadt Hamburg), Germany
The maritime climate in Hamburg is strongly influenced by its location near the river Elbe. The climate is characterized by a slight temperature difference between summer and winter. Hamburg enjoys four seasons. Autumn is the season here where you will experience most rain. In winter it is cold, but the average temperature is mostly above zero degrees Celsius (32°F). In the spring, the temperature begins to raise slowly to a very pleasant temperature. In summer Hamburg has a few days with tropical temperatures.
What is the best time of year to go to Hamburg in Germany? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- During the month of June, July and August you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
- The months June, July, August, September, November and December have a high chance of precipitation.
- On average, the warmest month is August.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- July is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Hamburg
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.