Climate and average monthly weather in Manila (Luzon), Philippines
The Philippines tropical climate can discourage you from staying for very long in Manila. Manila's weather can be downright hot and humid, but the temperatures tend to differ by a few degrees according to the time of year. Since the country has wet and dry seasons which can overlap on each other, there is a chance that your trip to the islands will be delayed by bad weather. When the wet season hits the city floods occur and the traffic stops, even in the supposedly dry months of March to May.
What is the best time of year to go to Manila in Philippines? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- On average, the temperatures are always high.
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month: June, July, August, September and October.
- Manila has dry periods in January, February, March and April.
- On average, the warmest month is May.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- August is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Manila
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.