Climate and Average Weather in Highlands Region, Papua New Guinea
Highlands Region is a region in Papua New Guinea. The most popular city in this region is Mount Hagen. So we will use the climate data of Mount Hagen to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Highlands Region:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is August with an average maximum temperature of 27°C (80°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- June is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Highlands Region is January with an average maximum temperature of 32°C (89°F).
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Highlands Region, Papua New Guinea?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.