Climate and Average Weather in New Britain Island, Papua New Guinea
New Britain Island is a region in Papua New Guinea. The most popular city in this region is Kokopo. So we will use the climate data of Kokopo to tell you more about which weather you can expect in New Britain Island:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is September with an average maximum temperature of 31°C (87°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- March is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- September is the driest month.
- The warmest month in New Britain Island is October with an average maximum temperature of 33°C (91°F).
- June is the most sunny month.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of New Britain Island, Papua New Guinea?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.