Climate and average monthly weather in Cartagena (Bolivar), Colombia
Cartagena has a tropical wet and dry climate. Rainy season is from May until June and another rainy period from October to November. The weather tends to be warm throughout the year. From January until March it is extremely dry.
What is the best time of year to go to Cartagena in Colombia? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- On average, the temperatures are always high.
- The months May, June, July, August, September and November have a high chance of precipitation.
- Cartagena has dry periods in January, February and March.
- On average, the warmest month is August.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- October is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Cartagena
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.