Climate and average monthly weather in Luxor (Cairo Governate), Egypt
Luxor being situated in the desert has a hot climate like the rest of Egypt. However Luxor has the most extreme temperatures compared to other cities in Egypt and even compared to the rest of the world. It is dry year round and average temperatures rise above 40 degrees Celsius (104 ° Fahrenheit) in summer. Winters are very short and still warm making January the best time to visit.
What is the best time of year to go to Luxor in Egypt? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- During the month of January, February and December you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
- The hottest season / summer is in April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November.
- Luxor has dry periods in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- On average, the warmest month is June.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- October is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- August is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Luxor
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.