Climate and Average Weather in Tibet, China
Tibet is a region in China. The most popular city in this region is Lhasa. So we will use the climate data of Lhasa to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Tibet:
During the month of May, June, July, August and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 8°C (47°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of June, July and August have a high chance of precipitation.
- Tibet has dry periods in January, February, March, April, October, November and December.
- August is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Tibet is June with an average maximum temperature of 24°C (75°F).
- May is the most sunny month.
Tibet has a dry mountain climate. The winters are very cold and the higher you go, the colder it gets. The best travel time for Tibet is the period from early May to October. The temperatures in Lhasa, which is located at 3600 meters, can rise to 30 ° C (86° Fahrenheit) during summer, however in the evening and in the early morning the temperature can still drop below freezing.
The winter months December and January should be avoided. Then it is very cold. Most rain is seen in July and August.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Tibet, China?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.