Climate and Average Weather in Alberta, Canada
Alberta is a region in Canada. The most popular city in this region is Calgary. So we will use the climate data of Calgary to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Alberta:
During the month of June, July and August you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 0°C (30°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of June have a high chance of precipitation.
- The coldest season / winter is in the months of January and December.
- June is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- October is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Alberta is July with an average maximum temperature of 23°C (73°F).
- July is the most sunny month.
Alberta is a province in Western Canada. The capital of this province is Edmonton, but Calgary is the largest city in the province. The Rocky Mountains, which lies on the border of Alberta and British Columbia, is the most famous region of this Canadian province. Alberta is a province where you can spend wonderful holidays. Alberta has plenty to offer both in summer and in winter.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Alberta, Canada?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.