Climate and average monthly weather in Nanjing (Jiangsu), China
With a subtropical monsoon climate climate Nanjing can best be visited from March until May. During summer months (June-September) the average temperature is very high making Nanjing one of the hottest and humid cities in China. Also most rain is seen during summer months so best to avoid these months. September to November is also a great time to visit if you wish to see the maple trees.
What is the best time of year to go to Nanjing in China? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- During the month of April and October you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
- The hottest season / summer is in June, July, August and September.
- The months March, April, May, June, August and September have a high chance of precipitation.
- On average, the warmest month is August.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- July is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Nanjing
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.