Sleep among the trees in Sweden
In our search for more sustainable destinations in the world we came across these amazing tree houses. Built from sustainable and recycled materials, they are nestled in pine trees near the main lodge. The place is called Granó Beckasin and has a fantastic location on the Ume river where you will experience silence and tranquility. It is surrounded by a thick beautiful forest which makes Granó Beckasin an ideal place for a blissful escape. Granó Beckasin was started by good friends from Granö who now own and operate it. When they started the company Granö Beckasin, they decided to create an ecological destination for nature tourism that opens people’s minds. A destination that is Eco Premium – which is of high quality and organic. They wanted to share the beauty of the forest, the river, the wild animals, the quiet, the silence and the peace. Simply sharing their way of life.
What to do
This is of course the place to do absolutely nothing and relax. However if you are a more active person you could chose the following activities:
- Hike or go skiing in the forests and enjoy the stillness.
- View the impressive northern lights and stars on the winter sky.
- Cruise downstream the river on a timber raft that you built yourself.
- Join a knowledgeable guide to the forest to meet the king of the forest, the moose.
- Feel the wind in your face as huskies pull the sled through magical winter landscapes.
- Yoga and meditate in the glass house with breathtaking views of the river and forests.
- In summer you will have the opportunity to swim in the lake and in winter the snow will make it look like a fairy tale.
On booking.com they get an average rating of 9.2.