Climate and Average Weather in Meghalaya, India
In India you have several regions, one of which is called Meghalaya. The most popular city in this region is Shillong. So we will use the climate data of Shillong to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Meghalaya:
During the month of February, March, April and November you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 18°C (65°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- July is the wettest month in Meghalaya. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Meghalaya is August with an average maximum temperature of 26°C (80°F).
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 18°C (65°F).
- December is the sunniest month in Meghalaya.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Meghalaya in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Meghalaya, India?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.