Climate and Average Weather in Hokkaido, Japan
Hokkaido is a region in Japan. The most popular city in this region is Sapporo. So we will use the climate data of Sapporo to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Hokkaido:
During the month of June, July and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 0°C (31°F).
Some other facts:
- September is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- June is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Hokkaido is August with an average maximum temperature of 26°C (79°F).
- May is the most sunny month.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Hokkaido, Japan?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.