Climate and Average Weather in Devon, United Kingdom
Devon is a region in United Kingdom. The most popular city in this region is Torquay. So we will use the climate data of Torquay to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Devon:
During the month of June, July and August you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is December with an average maximum temperature of 9°C (48°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of January, October, November and December have a high chance of precipitation.
- December is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- July is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Devon is July with an average maximum temperature of 21°C (71°F).
- May is the most sunny month.
Devon is a county in the south-west of England and borders Cornwall. It is a beautiful area with a rugged coast, where you can find many ancient fossils. There are only a few major cities, such as Plymouth and Exeter. The rest of the county is sparsely populated.
Devon has an oceanic climate. It is a bit warmer than in the rest of England, you can even find palm trees in some areas. Although the temperature remains very mild well into autumn, there is like in the rest of the UK a lot of rain. It can often be foggy on the open plains and the weather is very changeable. A rainy day inland Devon may have turned into a sunny afternoon upon arrival on the coast.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Devon, United Kingdom?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.