Climate and Average Weather in California, United States of America
California is a region in United States of America. The most popular city in this region is Los Angeles. So we will use the climate data of Los Angeles to tell you more about which weather you can expect in California:
During the month of January, February, March, April, May and November you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). On average, the warmest month(s) are July, August and September. The coldest month is December with an average maximum temperature of 19°C (67°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of January and February have a high chance of precipitation.
- California has dry periods in May, June, July, August, September and October.
- February is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- July is the driest month.
- The warmest month in California is August with an average maximum temperature of 29°C (84°F).
- July is the most sunny month.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of California, United States of America?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.