Climate and Average Weather in Washington State, the United States of America
In the United States of America you have several regions, one of which is called Washington State. The most popular city in this region is Seattle. So we will use the climate data of Seattle to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Washington State:
During the month of June and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is December with an average maximum temperature of 7°C (45°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of January, February, March, April, October, November and December have a high chance of precipitation.
- November is the wettest month in Washington State. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- July is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Washington State is July with an average maximum temperature of 25°C (77°F).
- The coldest month is December with an average maximum daytime temperature of 7°C (45°F).
- July is the sunniest month in Washington State.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Washington State in a specific month?
Washington State has to deal with a number of climate types that are relatively rare in the United States. However most of Washington State has a temperate Mediterranean climate with fairly dry summers, wetter winters and moderate temperatures throughout the year.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Washington State, the United States of America?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.