Climate and Average Weather in Yamagata, Japan
In Japan you have several regions, one of which is called Yamagata. The most popular city in this region is Zao Onsen, whose climate data we'll examine to provide you with an overview of what weather to expect in Yamagata. For detailed climate information about other cities in the area, please refer to the section beneath the map further down the page.
In Yamagata, during the months of May, June and September you can expect comfortable weather, with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 25°C. The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 3°C. However, the specific temperature can vary depending on the exact location within the region.
Additional climate insights:
- Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in July, August and September.
- July is the wettest month in Yamagata. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- November is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Yamagata is August with an average maximum temperature of 28°C.
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 3°C.
- April is the sunniest month in Yamagata.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Yamagata in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Yamagata, Japan?
Please select a city below the map you wish to travel to, or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.