Climate and Average Weather in Kyoto, Japan
In Japan you have several regions, one of which is called Kyoto. The most popular city in this region is Kyoto, whose climate data we'll examine to provide you with an overview of what weather to expect in Kyoto. For detailed climate information about other cities in the area, please refer to the section beneath the map further down the page.
In Kyoto, during the months of May and October you can expect comfortable weather, with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 25°C. On average, the warmest month(s) are July, August and September. The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 8°C. However, the specific temperature can vary depending on the exact location within the region.
Additional climate insights:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: May, June, July, September and October.
- July is the wettest month in Kyoto. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Kyoto is August with an average maximum temperature of 32°C.
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 8°C.
- August is the sunniest month in Kyoto.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Kyoto in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Kyoto, Japan?
Please select a city below the map you wish to travel to, or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.