Climate and Average Weather in Alsace, France
Alsace is a region in France. The most popular city in this region is Strasbourg. So we will use the climate data of Strasbourg to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Alsace:
During the month of May, June and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 4°C (40°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of May, June and July have a high chance of precipitation.
- May is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- January is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Alsace is July with an average maximum temperature of 25°C (78°F).
- July is the most sunny month.
Alsace is an unique region in the east of France. The area has a turbulent history where it sometimes was a part of France and other times it belonged to Germany. A holiday in Alsace is really worth it. This region in the foothills of the Vosges Mountains produces some of the finest wines on the globe. It's an area that remains relatively quiet during high season. Because of the Vosges mountains, Alsace has a changeable climate in which intense sun alternates with thunderstorms.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Alsace, France?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.