Climate and Average Weather in West Sumatra, Indonesia
West Sumatra is a region in Indonesia. The most popular city in this region is Bukittinggi. So we will use the climate data of Bukittinggi to tell you more about which weather you can expect in West Sumatra:
One thing to take into account is that on average, the temperatures are always high. The coldest month is September with an average maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
Some other facts:
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- November is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
- The warmest month in West Sumatra is August with an average maximum temperature of 32°C (89°F).
- May is the most sunny month.
The best time to visit West-Sumatra is in the dry season between February and September. The monsoon starts in November and lasts until February. January is usually the wettest month.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of West Sumatra, Indonesia?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.