Climate and Average Weather in South Dakota, United States of America
South Dakota is a region in United States of America. The most popular city in this region is Sioux Falls. So we will use the climate data of Sioux Falls to tell you more about which weather you can expect in South Dakota:
During the month of May and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of -3°C (26°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of April, May, June, July and August have a high chance of precipitation.
- The coldest season / winter is in the months of January, February and December.
- June is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- December is the driest month.
- The warmest month in South Dakota is July with an average maximum temperature of 29°C (84°F).
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of South Dakota, United States of America?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.