Climate and Average Weather in Gangwon-Do, South Korea
In South Korea you have several regions, one of which is called Gangwon-Do. The most popular city in this region is Pyeongchang . So we will use the climate data of Pyeongchang to tell you more about the kind of weather you can expect in Gangwon-Do:
During the month of May and September you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 1°C (34°F).
Some other facts:
- The months of April, May, June and September have a high chance of precipitation.
- July is the wettest month in Gangwon-Do. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- January is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Gangwon-Do is August with an average maximum temperature of 27°C (81°F).
- The coldest month is January with an average maximum daytime temperature of 1°C (34°F).
- May is the sunniest month in Gangwon-Do.
Interested in the average weather conditions in Gangwon-Do in a specific month?
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Gangwon-Do, South Korea?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.