Climate and Average Weather in Azores, Portugal
Azores is a region in Portugal. The most popular city in this region is Ponta Delgada. So we will use the climate data of Ponta Delgada to tell you more about which weather you can expect in Azores:
During the month of June, July, September and October you are most likely to experience good days with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). The coldest month is February with an average maximum temperature of 16°C (62°F).
Some other facts:
- December is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- July is the driest month.
- The warmest month in Azores is August with an average maximum temperature of 25°C (77°F).
- August is the most sunny month.
The Azores, an outline of garden-like islands on the horizons of the Atlantic ocean. It´s a different world, repeated on each of the nine islands of the Azores.
The Azores benefit from a temperate, maritime climate with mild winters (average monthly daytime temperatures range from 12 till 15 degrees, 54 till 59 Fahrenheit) and warm summers. Humidity is pretty high and the wettest months are from October to March.
Interested in the detailed Weather and Climate of Azores, Portugal?
Please select a city you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical climate data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.