Climate and average weather in Croatia
Croatia is a country in the Balkans on the east side of the Adriatic Sea, to the east of Italy. The climate depends on the distance from the Adriatic Sea, so most places in Croatia have different weather conditions. Many cities in Croatia offer good weather year around. For example the city Dubrovnik, a coastal city, which offers a typical Mediterranean climate. July and August are the warmest months and January and February are the coldest months of the year.
Interested in more detailed information on the Weather and Climate in Croatia?
Please select the city you wish to travel to, or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical weather data like humidity, wind speed and water temperature.
Islands of Croatia
Regions in Croatia
- Bjelovar-Bilogora County (2)
- Brod-Posavina County (1)
- Dubrovnik-Neretva County (82)
- Istria (200)
- Karlovac county (19)
- Koprivnica-Križevci County (3)
- Krapina-Zagorje County (8)
- Lika-Senj County (40)
- Međimurje County (4)
- Osječko-baranjska županija (9)
- Primorsko-Goranska županija (117)
- Sibenik-Knin County (18)
Popular places in Croatia
Select a city to see its average temperature, precipitation and hours of sunshine over the year.
- Biograd na Moru
- Mali Lošinj
- Novi Vinodolski
- Novigrad Istria