Weather Averages and Climate in Croatia
Croatia is a country in the Balkans on the east side of the Adriatic Sea, to the east of Italy. It is bordered by Slovenia to the northwest, Hungary to the north, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the southeast, Serbia in the east, and Montenegro to the south.
The climate depends on the distance from Adriatic Sea, the places in Croatia have different weather conditions. Many cities of Croatia offer good weather year around and city of Dubrovnik is a coastal region, so offers typical Mediterranean climate. July and August are the warmest months and January and February are the coldest months of the year.
Interested in the more detailed Weather and Climate of Croatia?
Please select a city in or above the map you wish to travel to or the one closest to your destination. Each selected city will show you the following graphs:
1. Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
2. Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
3. Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
On certain pages we also offer other historical weather data like humidity wind speed and water temperature.
Islands of Croatia
Regions in Croatia
- Bjelovar-Bilogora County (2)
- Brod-Posavina County (1)
- Dubrovnik-Neretva County (82)
- Istria (200)
- Karlovac county (19)
- Koprivnica-Križevci County (3)
- Krapina-Zagorje County (8)
- Lika-Senj County (40)
- Međimurje County (4)
- Osječko-baranjska županija (9)
- Primorsko-Goranska županija (117)
- Sibenik-Knin County (18)
Popular places in Croatia
Select a city to see its average temperature, precipitation and hours of sunshine over the year.
- Biograd na Moru
- Mali Lošinj
- Novi Vinodolski
- Novigrad Istria