Climate and average monthly weather in Houston (Texas), United States of America
Houston has a warm maritime climate with a lot of rainfall. The amount of rain is so high it could easily be compared to a tropical monsoon climate. In summer the amount of rain and heat can lead to a very high humidity.
Most rain is seen the beginning of summer. Average temperatures of the warmest month August is around 29 degrees Celsius (84 ° F). Average temperature of the coldest month January is around 11 degrees Celsius (53 ° F).
What is the best time of year to go to Houston in United States of America? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- During the month of March and November you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
- The hottest season / summer is in May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in June.
- On average, the warmest month is August.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- June is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- February is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Celsius
Cheapest month to fly to Houston
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.