Climate and average monthly weather in Marrakech (Marrakech-Tensift-Haouz), Morocco
The climate of Marrakech is continental; this means that it is mainly dry and it can be quite extreme at times. Marrakech sees a lot of sunshine and has a characteristically hot and dry summer. Winter can be fairly cold with frequent frosts during the night. Spring and autumn are mild and are definitely the best times to visit. We recommend the months April, May, September and October. There is very little rainfall during summer and most rain is seen in winter.
What is the best time of year to go to Marrakech in Morocco? Here are some average weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- During the month of March, April and November you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
- The hottest season / summer is in June, July, August and September.
- Marrakech has dry periods in June, July, August and September.
- On average, the warmest month is July.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- November is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
- July is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate information (by month in graphs) in a beautiful overview below.
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show in Fahrenheit
Cheapest month to fly to Marrakech
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.